Economy in Oberhavel
Quality of life is another aspect of our competitiveness. First-class offers in the fields of living, education, culture, leisure and recreation make the county a vibrant region.
Hence here is where you find best conditions for the settlement of your new business or the expansion of your existing one.
- Rail Traffic Engineering
- Biotechnology and Life Science
- Synthetic Materials/Chemistry
Among them are:
- Bombardier Transportation
- Stadler Rail AG
- H.E.S. Hennigsdorfer Elektrostahlwerk GmbH, a Riva Group enterprise
- Wall AG
- Takeda Pharma GmbH
- Orafol Europe GmbH
In the north of the district there are further significant corporations such as:
- ZIMK Zehdenick Innovative Metall- und Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- Designerschuhhersteller Trippen A. Spieth, M. Oehler GmbH
- Fude + Serrahn Milchprodukte GmbH & Co. KG
The animal production focuses on cattle farming for the production of milk and meat. At present 38 farms are registered. Pig, sheep and poultry farming are also part of the production profile of the agricultural enterprises.
Oberhavel county presents itself every year at the Green Week in Berlin, the world's largest fair for food, agriculture and horticulture.
To find an overview of the commercial zones in the district of Oberhavel please click here.